The Basics of Alpaca Llama Care - trifold pdf flyer (developed by Camelid Community) to print and distribute
Basics of Behavior and Handling of Llamas and Alpacas
Camelid Care – Camelid Community Standards of Care Working Group
What Do You Do with a Llama?
Fact sheet comparing llamas and alpacas
New Buyer Information
So You Want to be a Mama Llama - llama reproduction
Llama Herd Management
Llama Medical Management
Heat Stress in Llamas
Snakebite in Llamas
Camelid Emergency Preparedness
Catching and Handling Llamas and Alpacas
Llama Housing & Fencing
Llama Vocalizations - Humms, orgles, screams (2 pages of them)
in the News
Framework for Animal Disease Traceability (formerly: NAIS)
- Camelid Rescue Coalition - The Camelid Rescue Coalition is an alliance comprised of Northeast Llama Rescue, Inc. (NELR), Southeast Llama Rescue, Inc. (SELR), Southwest Llama Rescue, Inc. (SWLR), Llama Association of North America's Lama Lifeline Committee (LANA Lifeline) and several other non profit animal rescues. Its purpose is to provide a unified workforce with the ability to plan, organize and mobilize llama rescue resources nationwide in response to the plea for assistance from the Montana Large Animal Sanctuary.
- Llama Rescue - IRC: SCLA Contact is Sandra Reynolds, (580) 745-9202, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org See links below for more information on the Intervention and
- Llama Rescue - IRC: Catching & Handling Llamas & Alpacas
- Llama Rescue - IRC: Council Fact Sheet
- Llama Rescue - IRC: Educational Plan for Animal Control/Welfare Authorities
- Southeast Llama Rescue - The llamas roam freely on 20 acres of land in Page County, VA.
- Southwest Llama Rescue - SWLR, Santa Fe, NM, provides safe refuge for unwanted, neglected or
abandoned llamas through intervention, education
and necessary support and seeks placement and
lifelong care for all llamas entrusted to our care.
Animals in Disaster
Recommendations for Selection & Placement of Guardian lamas
Impacts of Llamas as Hiking Companions
Camelid Community - the only national forum that offers the opportunity for dialog among representatives of national, regional and local camelid organizations as well as interested individuals and owners, providing a unique opportunity for an assessment of the “state of the union” of the camelid world.